Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe For 4 In Grams And Ml Measurements
Peanut butter cookies are a form of cookie that contains peanut butter as an essential ingredient. They are famous for their rich, nutty taste and soft, crumbly texture. Peanut butter cookies are a worldwide favorite by peanut butter lovers of all age groups.
The peanut butter cookie can be eaten with a glass of milk or mixed with other ingredients to boost the perfect flavor. Different varieties of peanut butter cookies could include ingredients such as chopped peanuts, chocolate chips, or drizzles of chocolate drizzled on the top.
These cookies have an elegant appeal and are a standard in many homes and cookie jars. They are typically designed for special events and holidays, bake sales, or simply as treats to satisfy a craving for peanut butter.
The widespread appreciation for peanut butter could explain the popularity of peanut butter-flavored cookies. Peanut butter’s rich and nutty taste and the comforting properties of a home-cooked cookie make cookies a favorite among those who love cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookies History
Peanut butter, the primary ingredient in peanut butter biscuits, has a rich history dating back to the early Incas and Aztecs who mashed roasting peanuts into an emulsion. However, the peanut butter we are accustomed to today was popular in the late 19th century when commercial production began in the United States.
Early Peanut Butter Recipes
The first recipes that included peanut butter date to the latter part of the 19th and early 20th century. However, these recipes mostly used peanut butter as a flavoring ingredient, for example, sandwich fillings or an ingredient in sauces for meat.
The Emergence Of Peanut Butter Cookies
The first recipe recorded for peanut butter cookies was published in a cookbook titled “Mrs. Rorer’s New Cook Book” by Sarah Tyson Rorer in 1902. The recipe, “Peanut Wafers,” featured peanut butter as an ingredient sweet.
Influence Of George Washington Carver
George Washington Carver, an American agricultural scientist, played an important part in popularizing peanuts and products made from peanuts in the early 20th century. Carver’s work in the research and promotion of peanuts helped boost their status as an ingredient that can be used in a variety of ways as well as the use of peanuts in cookies.
Great Depression And Peanut Butter Cookies
In the Great Depression in the 1930s, when ingredients like butter and eggs were costly and scarce, peanut butter was an affordable alternative. Cookies made with peanut butter became popular as delicious and affordable snacks made from basic ingredients in the pantry.
Military Influence During World War II
Peanut butter cookies earned additional popularity in World War II when soldiers were given peanut butter to supplement their food rations. Soldiers expressed their appreciation of peanut butter cookies which spread their fame both in the United States and internationally.
Role Of Commercialization
As commercial peanut butter production became more widespread, producers began including recipes for peanut butter cookies on their labels. This led to the increasing recognition and appeal of peanut butter biscuits among households all over the United States.
Regional And Cultural Adaptations
Peanut butter cookies have changed to reflect regional and cultural tastes. For instance, in the Southern United States, peanut butter cookies are typically made with added ingredients such as chopped peanuts or stuffed with Hershey’s Kisses in the center.
Association With Childhood Memories
Peanut butter cookies are a favorite in the hearts of many as a fond childhood treat. They’re usually associated with memories of baking cookies with family members or eating them as snacks after school.
Continued Popularity And Variations
Today peanut butter cookies remain a classic that is loved by all and popular among people who love cookies. Home cooks and bakers have discovered the many possibilities of these cookies and have incorporated variations like adding chocolate chips and peanut butter cups or even turning them into sandwich cookies with a peanut butter filling.
Recipe For Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe For Four People
- 200 grams of peanut butter, 200 grams of peanut
- 100 grams of sugar granulated
- 80 grams of brown sugar
- One large egg
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 80 grams of all-purpose flour
- 5 grams of baking soda
- 2 grams salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350degF). Line the baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix the peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the peanut butter mix. Mix until the mixture is smooth and fully blended.
- Mix the baking soda, flour, and salt in another bowl.
- Then, gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture. Continue stirring until the dough is formed. Be careful not to overmix.
- Utilizing your hands, make small balls approximately 3 centimeters in size.
- Put the balls of dough on the baking sheet you have prepared with a little space between each one.
- Use the fork’s back to gently press down on each cookie to create the appearance of a crisscross.
- Bake cookies in the oven that is preheated for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before moving them to a wire rack so that they can cool completely.
- After cooling, the peanut butter cookies will now be ready to enjoy!
In the end, peanut butter cookies are a classic and loved treat loved by many. With their rich and nutty taste and delicate and crumbly texture, they are guaranteed to satisfy a craving for peanut butter.
The recipe is an easy and simple for making tasty peanut butter cookies. With measurements in milliliters and grams, exact results can be obtained.
The peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract produces an extremely moist and flavorful dough. Adding baking soda, flour, and salt gives the cookies structure and makes to rise when baking.
If you’re looking for a refreshing afternoon snack, a snack for lunch, or as a dessert on special occasions, Peanut butter cookies always deliver an unforgettable mix of nostalgia and pleasure.
What are the ingredients needed for making peanut butter cookies for 4 people?
The ingredients needed for peanut butter cookies for 4 people are as follows:
- 200 grams of peanut butter
- 100 grams of granulated sugar
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 milliliters of vanilla extract
- 120 grams of all-purpose flour
- 2 grams of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
How do I make peanut butter cookies for 4 people?
Here is a step-by-step guide to making peanut butter cookies for 4 people:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them apart.
- Use a fork to create a crisscross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Can I use a different type of nut butter instead of peanut butter?
Yes, you can substitute peanut butter with other nut butters such as almond butter or cashew butter. Just make sure to use the same amount specified in the recipe.
Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe?
Yes, you can adjust the amount of sugar to your preference. However, keep in mind that reducing the sugar may affect the texture and sweetness of the cookies.
How can I store the peanut butter cookies?
Once the cookies have completely cooled, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. For longer storage, you can freeze the cookies for up to 3 months.
Can I add chocolate chips or other mix-ins to the peanut butter cookies?
Absolutely! Feel free to add chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or any other mix-ins you like to the dough before baking. Just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly if you’re adding extra ingredients.