Quick Bread Recipe For 4 In Grams And Ml Measurements
For an easy bread recipe serving four people, you’ll need 250 grams of all-purpose flour, 10 grams of baking powder, 3 grams of salt, 100 grams of sugar, 120 milliliters of milk, 60 ml of vegetable oil, and two eggs. If you want, you can include 100 grams of chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit), grease a loaf pan, and mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in a different one. Combine the dry and wet ingredients, and add any optional additions you would like to add. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45–50 minutes. Let it cool before cutting.
Quick bread is a variety of bread-like baked products leavened with yeast. Contrary to yeast bread, which requires time to ferment, quick bread is made with leavening agents such as baking soda or baking powder that allow the bread to rise rapidly during baking. The word “quick” refers to the relatively short time needed to prepare these breads since they do not depend on yeast to initiate the rising process.
Quick Bread Dish History
Quick bread is one of a plethora of popular types of baked goods with an extensive history dating back to the ages. Contrary to yeast bread, which requires time to ferment, quick bread is left with baking soda or baking powder, allowing the bread to rise swiftly. This led to the term “quick bread” to describe bread-like foods that can be made quickly and easily. Let’s examine the history of quick bread and its development over time.
Origins of Quick Bread
Quick bread is rooted in traditional bread-making methods; however, its exact source is difficult to pinpoint. Many cultures worldwide have been making similar types of bread for centuries, each with its own unique recipe and distinct characteristics.
Native American Influence
Native American cultures made significant contributions to the creation of bread that was quick. They used cornmeal as an ingredient that was plentiful and easily available. Cornbread is a popular quick bread that was a staple in their diets. The method of mixing cornmeal, salt, and liquid to make simple bread dates back to Native American cultures long before the arrival of Europeans.
The concept of quick bread was re-invented after the arrival of Europeans in the Americas. They brought baking traditions and methods that influenced the creation of recipes for quick bread. Europeans introduced ingredients like baking powder, wheat flour, and baking soda, expanding the range of bread that is quick to bake.
Industrial Revolution and Baking Powder
The Industrial Revolution in the 19th century significantly influenced the development of quick bread. The development of baking powder as a leavening agent transformed the baking industry. Baking powder was a simple and reliable method to leaven bread quickly, removing the necessity of using traditional yeast fermentation. This breakthrough greatly contributed to the widespread acceptance and popularity of bread recipes that are quick and easy to make.
The Rise of Baking Soda as a Leavening Agent
Baking soda, a commonly used leavening ingredient in quick breads, became popular in the late 19th century. It is a chemical reaction that occurs when it comes in contact with acidic substances, such as yogurt, buttermilk, or lemon juice, to produce carbon dioxide gas, increasing the dough. Baking soda was a crucial ingredient in recipes such as biscuits, scones, and pancakes that added softness and lightness to the finished product.
Varieties of Quick Bread
The time-tested history of quick bread includes many delicious and well-loved dishes. Some notable quick breads include:
- Biscuits: Biscuits first appeared in the United Kingdom and gained popularity in the United States. They are typically made using baking powder, flour, butter, or buttermilk. Biscuits are a common meal and are served either sweet or spicy.
- Scones: Scones are of Scottish roots and are frequently linked to British and Irish tea customs. They are made from sugar, flour, butter, buttermilk, or cream. Scones can be made with various ingredients, such as nuts, fruits, or chocolate chips.
- Cornbread: Cornbread is an old-fashioned quick bread eaten for a long time. It was a product of Native American cultures and later became a staple of Southern cuisine. Cornmeal, with milk, flour, eggs, and leavening agents, produces a delicious and dense bread that goes well with many dishes.
- Banana Bread: Banana bread first appeared in the Great Depression when resourceful bakers were looking for ways to use overripe bananas. Mashed bananas are paired with sugar, flour, eggs, and leavening agents to make the perfect moist and flavorful bread, which has since become a cult classic.
Quick Bread Recipe For Four People
- 250 grams of all-purpose flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 3 grams salt
- 100 grams sugar
- 120 ml milk
- 60 milliliters of vegetable oil
- Two eggs
- Optional:100 grams of add-ins, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350degF) and grease the loaf pan.
- Mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the vegetable oil, milk, and eggs in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and the dry ingredients, and mix until they are all combined. If you are using any add-ins, include them at this point.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan that you have prepared and smooth it over the top.
- Bake in the oven preheated for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the bread out of the oven and allow it to sit in the pan to cool for several minutes. Transfer it onto a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
How much flour should I use for the quick bread recipe for 4 people?
For a quick bread recipe serving 4 people, you will need approximately 250 grams (ml) of all-purpose flour.
How much sugar should I add to the quick bread recipe for 4 people?
To sweeten the quick bread for 4 people, you can add around 150 grams (ml) of granulated sugar. Adjust the amount based on your preference.
How many eggs are required for the quick bread recipe for 4 people?
To prepare the quick bread for 4 people, you will typically need 2 large eggs.
How much baking powder and baking soda should I use in the quick bread recipe for 4 people?
For a quick bread recipe serving 4 people, you can use approximately 10 grams (ml) of baking powder and 5 grams (ml) of baking soda.
What is the recommended amount of butter or oil for the quick bread recipe for 4 people?
To add moisture and richness to the quick bread, you can use around 100 grams (ml) of melted butter or vegetable oil.
How long should I bake the quick bread for 4 people and at what temperature?
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the quick bread for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Adjust the baking time as needed based on your oven’s performance.